Thursday, September 15, 2011

How I Lost Weight and Look Younger



I have heard some remarks recently by people who haven’t seen me in a long time that I have lost weight and that I look younger.  There are some people who would like to know why.  I don’t diet and I don’t bother with hair colorings and the like.  I don’t even have a scale to monitor my weight.  I have not put much effort in to trying to lose weight or even trying to look young.  The way I know when I’ve lost weight is when I get comments from others – usually from women to start with.  I’m usually the last to notice.
 So how do I do it?   For starters, I seem to have been blessed with a metabolism that burns off the pounds fairly easily but I have picked up the pounds in the past.  That was one of the bad things about being an OTR driver.  It can be difficult to fit in time  or a place for exercise when driving 500 miles a day or more and of course having easy access to buffet’s doesn’t help either.  So what did I do?   Here it is.  One of the first things I did was to replace soda with teas.  I don’t put sugar in my tea either.  Sugar isn’t the only way to sweeten tea.  I rarely drink soda.  This wasn’t so much as an effort to lose weight as to just try something different.  There are lots of teas to choose from at many of the supermarkets.  Tea can be drunk hot or cold – not so with soda.  If you’re concerned about caffeine, many teas don’t have caffeine.  That seemed to reduce my waist size.  Don’t bother with diet sodas.  There may be no sugar but there’s still other stuff in them that isn’t good for us.  Don’t take my word for it.  Google it.  My waist size started shrinking.  I’ve been active at times.  My favored means of exercise is a walk in the mountains – including picture shooting expositions.  Unfortunately, the people in charge in the area I’m in have made that very inconvenient for me (subject for another time).   So I’m not as active as I would like to be.  I still manage to shrink my waistline.  I’m still somewhat active because delivering pizza can be a good source of exercise.
About a year and a half ago I was introduced to a company called Shaklee.  I added Vitalizer, Vivix and eventually Energizing Soy Protein to my nutritional regimen.   I felt a difference right when I started taking all this.  I didn’t come into Shaklee with major health issues.  My waistline continues to shrink.  I’ve even noticed it lately.   I was just looking for a better means to make money but if I can make money and improve my health at the same time, I’m down with that.
This is what I have for breakfast.  I mix some cottage cheese, yogurt, about 1 ½ tablespoon of hemp, 1 ½ tablespoons Energizing Soy Protein and a teaspoon of Vivix together.  I often add fruit and sometimes oatmeal.   I take a Vitalizer strip along with this.  I generally eat whatever I want throughout the day (seefood diet). 
There is money making potential with Shaklee too.  I’m looking for people who are interested in making $90,000 / year or more.  If you know anyone like that, please send me an email with your phone number!   You don’t have to live in a big city to do this.

Have a great day and thanks for reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment